Hi! So after a pretty awful day yesterday, I woke up with a fresh smile on my face! Although not perfectly back to myself today, I was at least able to leave my bed. We started the morning with all 16 of us, the first time in just about a week. Hopefully it will stay this way for the remainder of the trip! Apparently there were four of us down yesterday. Our first stop this morning was the British Library, the second largest library in the world. I bet you can't guess what the largest one is, so I will just tell you. It's the Library of Congress. As Dr. Bell would say, "Go Team USA." We got a lovely tour of a special Mughal exhibit in the library that proved to be very interesting. I especially liked learning about the art and religion. We broke for lunch and Briana and I made the best discovery! Platform 9 3/4 has a trolley out during the day, so of course we took a whole new round of pictures! We met up with a few classmates at Pret for lunch. When we met back up with Dr. Bell, we headed over to the School of Oriental and Asian Studies, a part of London University, for a lecture about how India gained it's independence. I learned a lot more about Ghandi, as well as partition, which I never really had learned about before. That was where our formal day ended.
I came back to the flat to do some reading and prepared for my evening activity, going to see Wicked! It was incredible! The lighting, the singing, the dancing, everything was fantastic! I wish I was here longer so I could see more shows! The best part about the whole thing was that since it was a Tuesday, the theatre was virtually empty and we were moved up about 10 rows! Our seats were great and we were able to see everything, for only 25 pounds! Tonight was one of my favorite things that I have done in London thus far! Apparently West End theatre is as good as Broadway, if not better! Missing you all terribly!
I knew you would love Wicked! So glad you got to see it. Hope Briana enjoyed it too!
ReplyDeleteHappy the whole group was together again today & healthy, especially you!
Get a good night of sleep!
Tomorrow is your last day of "class". Enjoy!
Love you & miss you!
Glad you are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your trip.
We love you
Grandmapa Mar & Grandpa sy