Hi! Today was my last day in London:( Will and I decided to start our day around 9 this morning with a quick breakfast at Starbucks. We then jetted off on our "Wellington" adventure which started in Hyde Park where the Duke of Wellington's house is. We started at a commemorative arch and then moved over to this house. We then took the tube over to the Horse Guards building. We took a short break and walked through St. Jame's Park to Buckingham Palace. It was fantastic and they let you get so close! Getting back on track, we jumped over to St. Paul's and then finished up at a statue of Wellington outside of Bank station. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it snowed the entire time. I only fell once though! We then made our way over to Picidilly Circus to meet Dr. Bell to give in our flip cameras.
Once we all met up, several of us went to lunch. Of course, being with all guys they got super excited to see a Cinnabon and we ended up there for lunch. Not even a lunch...but whatever. After lunch, me, Drew, Ben, and Will went to the Tower of London. It was really pretty architecturally, but it was snowing so it was pretty chilly outside. We got to see lots of really neat royal armor, royal gifts, the crown jewels (BLAHHH), and torture devices (yes the guys dragged me in there). The crown jewels were obviously my favorite and were absolutely incredible. I learned a lot more about coronation and even got to watch Queen Elizabeth II's coronation! I really enjoyed going and am definitely glad I went. Don't worry, I did fall again on the way back too.
I came back and took a very hot shower. Now we are just chilling before our last group meal tonight:( We are going out for Lebanese. Hopefully it is delicious! Am definitely going to miss my study abroad family!
So glad you got up close to Buckingham Palace. And that you got to go to the Tower of London. Bringing back any crown jewels for us to share?Both great places that I bet you won't soon forget!
ReplyDeleteWe just read Dr. Bell's post and got to see a bit of your documentary. It was very good. Seems like you got an interesting topic(compared to the other two we saw). Will seemed like a good partner. Probably the most creative final you will ever take. What a cold, wintry day!! So unlike typical London weather!
We also had to laugh our sides off at the blooper video of which you were the star!!
Hope your last meal together was fun!!
Safe trip home tomorrow!! Can't wait to see you!
Love you!!
The crown jewels were different than I thought because they are just crowns, they aren't necklaces and things. They had some royal scepters as well as like gold plates. Nevertheless, I still immensely enjoyed seeing them and it was incredible! We had a great last dinner together and after packing are all going to have a last night together upstairs. Definitely getting sad, but excited to come home! P.S. Shout out to Aunt Collette who I talked to today! Made my day:)
DeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteyou are so special to us and very happy to read your experiences. hope that you will get together with your new set of friends and compare pictures and experiences. safe trip home. love, grandma Arlene & grandpa Howie