Sunday, January 6, 2013

Today was a really great day because we were able to have a lot of free time! This morning we went to the National Portrait Gallery where each of us were given a different person's portrait to locate and read about with readings that Dr. Bell gave us. Then, we had to give a short presentation incorporating the new knowledge we had learned and the portrait. The man I received was William Wilberforce, who was the driving force behind the abolition of the slave trade in 1807. Dr. Bell finally cut me a break because we have been learning about Wilberforce since we arrived here.

After the museum, several of us ate lunch outside in a courtyard near Euston Station and then headed over to the British Museum. It wasn't quite what I thought because it really wasn't British at all. It was a museum of many of the world's treasures. We even got to see the Rosetta Stone! After spending a few hours at the museum, we returned back to the flats for a little bit.

After a small rest (30 minutes), a few of us met in the lobby to go to the American Sports Bar to watch the Ravens game. We had a great time watching the game, drinking beer, and eating wings. Funny enough, we were probably the only Americans in there. I also attempted to do laundry this afternoon, but I haven't taken the laundry out yet, so I'm not sure what the final result will be. I will keep you updated. It was another long full day and we are all exhausted. Going to try to get another early night tonight!

1 comment:

  1. And the Ravens won! So, I guess the British like football more than they let on. Looking forward to hearing what else you saw at the British Museum. Enjoy Cambridge tomorrow!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete